1 Audience Research RESULTS - BERRY ~ Prototype productions

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Audience Research RESULTS - BERRY

After completing our audience research via blackberry messenger and phone call we were able to make generalisations about what we think would appeal to our target audience the most and what we think would make our trailer successful.

I started off by asking my blackberry contacts if they watch horror movies. I was able to come to the conclusion that females watch horror movies more than males.  This meant that the majority of people that completed our questionnaire were females ranging from ages 17-18.

I then asked my respondents what genre of horror you consider the best. When I asked this question 75% answered Slasher whilst the remaining 25% said they preferred the psychological genre. I also asked my respondents to name their favourite horror movie. SAW was mentioned more than once and when asked why one said ‘I tend to like films with a lot of gore, that make you cringe’.

This lead the Slasher genre to be our first choice since it seemed to be a favourite amongst our respondents. We felt that if we focussed on Slasher we would be very successful as we had successful examples of Slasher film favourites that could guide us such as SAW.

I asked my respondents what they would expect from a teaser trailer. It is evident that it is expected that teaser trailers should be shorter than normal trailers and very closed with their ideas. My respondents stated that they expect to be drawn in by the teaser trailer. They also stated that a teaser trailer should always be rather short ranging from 10-20 seconds. 20 seconds being the most so that not too much is given away.

My respondents also made it very clear that they would not expect any type of horror trailer to be displayed before 9pm. One said that they felt it would be extremely inappropriate and wrong as those not of age could end up viewing it. This could cause problems and offence. Along with this would be an age certificate. All of my respondents said it is vital that there are age certificates to ensure the safety of those who should not be watching it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment